Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Sweet, Beautiful Mother

I am fooling only myself when I say my mother exists now only in the photograph
on my bulletin board or in the outline of my hand or in the armful of memories I
still hold tight. She lives on in everything I do. Her presence influenced who I
was, and her absence influences who I am. Our lives are shaped as much by those
who leave us as they are by those who stay. Loss is our legacy. Insight is our gift.
Memory is our guide.
~ Hope Edelman




"Your Mother is always with you.
She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and
perfume that she wore.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.
She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.
She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a
rainbow. She is Christmas morning.
Your Mother lives inside your laughter.
She's crystallized in every teardrop.
A mother shows every emotion .......... happiness, sadness, fear,
jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy,
sorrow... and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good
feelings in life. She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's
the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but
nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space...not
even death!"


It just doesn't seem possible...............Happy '64th' Birthday, Mom. We love you and miss you more than words could ever say! Your grace and love is a never ending rainbow that shines inside of each and every one of us and we will continue to look to the skys above for your guidance and think of you always when we see those amazing rainbows you shine down upon us. Happy (1st) Birthday in Heaven, Mom. I know God is throwing you the biggest, most amazing party you've ever experienced. :>
Sweet Dreams, Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment