Monday, September 29, 2008

Touching Quote

When my Mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer on Halloween of last year, my whole life and world was turned upside down. How could it be possible that MY MOM had cancer? I can't even begin to describe the many emotions I began to experience from that moment on. The ONLY good that came from her illness was that I became (and continue to become) closer to God. The next several months of her illness were what I thought to be the worst roller coaster ride of my life (I can't imagine what it was like for her), but that 'ride' was nothing in comparison to the day she lost her battle with this terrible disease! Throughout my mother's illness, I'd come across beautiful quotes or poems that touched me so deeply. I'd in turn share these uplifting and comforting quotes with my Mom in the hopes that they would bring her the same peace and comfort I found in them. A couple months before my Mother passed, she told me about a book of poems and quotes she had been collecting and writing since 1996. She went on to say that her book was almost complete and she'd like to share it with me some day. Unfortunately, she never had the opportunity to finish her book. My dream is to someday finish it for her. :) Here's a quote I plan to add to her book, as well as, the one I've now started myself. May it comfort and bring each and every one of you the peace and comfort it's brought to me. Feel free to e-mail me or share some of your own favorites with me so I can post them here or add them to our book. Have a blessed day.

"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment