Wednesday, January 4, 2012

365 Days of Gratefulness (Day 4)



Today (and every single day), I'm so incredibly GRATEFUL that God blessed ME with the most wonderful, loving, caring, amazing, incredible, patient, kind hearted/gentle Mother I could ever ask for!!!! Although our time here on Earth was cut FAR TOO short, I am forever grateful for the 36 years of love, compassion and guidance my Mother poured her heart and soul into sharing with my brother and I (as well as, everyone she met). She taught me so many valuable lessons about life, but most importantly, she taught me about LOVE.........the kind of love that is unconditional, forgiving and always, ALWAYS there (whether here on Earth or in Heaven above, nobody and nothing can take her love away from me and for that, I am forever grateful.). I cherish my Mother's love and HUGE heart and always say if I can be even just half the mother she was to me, I'd be one pretty amazing Mom :) Words cannot even begin to express how much I miss my Mom, but I thank God for His grace and mercy and for His promise of eternity. One glorious day, we'll all be together again. As for today, I'll cherish this photograph and the many wonderful memories of my Mother that I hold so very near and dear to my heart.

As I think of my loving Mother and look at this picture, I'm reminded of a poem I read @ her funeral and how very true it is:
“I am fooling only myself when I say my mother exists now only in the photograph
on my bulletin board or in the outline of my hand or in the armful of memories I
still hold tight. She lives on in everything I do. Her presence influenced who I
was, and her absence influences who I am. Our lives are shaped as much by those
who leave us as they are by those who stay. Loss is our legacy. Insight is our gift.
Memory is our guide.” ~unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment